Saturday, July 4, 2009

A little update...

Can anybody please tell me where this year is going??? Or the secret for slowing time down? It's crazy!!

Anywhoo... last Saturday I made a little appearance at the Ipswich Handmade Expo with my shared table with Rachel from Violet Spice. Rachel had a great little day with many of her outfits receiving some awesome feedback and even made a few little sales which was very encouraging.

It was great to get my Modesty Mates out into the public and although I received much interest, it would seem that it is difficult for people to imagine how they work.

So here is a few little pics to help...

Here are a few Modesty Mates fresh of my little production line....

To look at they are really very simple. And by design that is exactly what I am aiming to achieve.

I would like mums like myself to free themselves from being self conscious about breastfeeding, and no longer have to worry about wrestling with copious amounts of material whilst covering the breast and the baby.

The arm band anchors the mate so you can let it hang while keeping your hands free to positon your baby. (My latest stocks also comprise of snap buttons for more accurate and adjustable sizing as seen in the picture below). The length of the mate then stretches across mums chest and tucks in under her opposite arm. When the breast is exposed underneath the mate, and the baby is in the position to feed, simply lift the corner of the mate on the feeding side to allow the baby access.

As you will see from the picture below, it is very modest and discreet. This design also allows full view of baby. Which is great if you have a fussy feeder like my little man.



I've booked a space at Handmade Heaven, so this will be my first official stockist. However, I am still working on the display and packaging of the Mate to make it just that little bit more appealing. Feel free to email any suggestions to me at paulafaydesign@optusnet.com.au

Hopefully I will have some more pics and a definate date for Handmade Heaven in the next day or two so stay tuned!...

Paula :o)

4 comments:

  1. Looking good, looking good...

    Micky
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how very exciting.
    Can't wait to see it all set up..

    Liesa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula,
    Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you (you gave me a pink modesty mate at indooroopilly shopping centre a couple of weeks ago) but the baby I was feeding is actually my third boy and as you can imagine my life is quite busy at the moment. As for the modesty mate it is great, my only suggestion is that being a bigger girl one that was a bit longer would be better for me.
    thanks heaps
    Maree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maree, thank you for taking the time to post a comment on my blog. I really appreciate your feedback and completely understand how busy you must be, so thank you very much. If you'd like me to send you another mate in a better size (or even colour) feel free to email at paulafaydesign@optusnet.com.au and I would be happy to post you one free of charge as my way of thanking your for your warm response and time taken to give your feedback to me.
    Kindest Regards, Paula :o)

    ReplyDelete

Followers